Monday, February 25, 2008

I've begun!

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, what I'm writing and who will be reading this. I feel I am young but am mentally too old to learn anything new. My parent's feel too old for the Internet and I feel I am too old for Learning 2.0. This is strange as I am only in my early 30s, but I don't know if I am capable of grasping the concepts of emerging technologies. Wikis', RSS, blogs, blah blah blah, when will it end? I can't keep up. It makes me feel dumb. I didn't go to Library School to learn about this computer stuff. I want to help people find information, shelve books, join people to the Library, yet I know I can't do any of this if I don't have a basic understanding of the technologies out there. I'm trapped!

How can people learn this stuff so quickly? I thought I was cool having a personal email address and getting on Facebook, that's not even the tip of the iceberg. Probably by the time I have learned something, a new emerging technology would have been developed and the learning cycle begins again. I would be surprised if I learn anything about 2.0, I just don't think I"m gonna get it. We'll see ...

No comments: